Thursday, August 17, 2006

Today’s lesson: Only go to the gym by yourself.

I gave a ride to a friend of mine who just joined the same gym. It was his day to get the fitness instruction. He was getting his instruction while I worked out so I felt self conscious. Then they needed more people for the tai chi class and the class teacher was friends with his instructor so we both ended up going to the class and interrupting both my work out and his orientation to the equipment.

Class of course was brutal because I was sore from the workout. Plus there’s that agonizing peeing dog position. Sun Worship, warrior one, camel pose, peeing dog, warrior three. All to Kenny G music. It’s the Southern attempt at being New Age.

So after class, my friend had like 10 more minutes of fitness instruction and he was ready to go. I had only done 2/3 of my workout and had to abandon the session so he didn’t have to wait. That’s not true. I abandoned the session so I didn’t have to listen to him complain about waiting.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger robert said...

Want to loose some weight. For that I have joined the gym & also submitted a free profile at The Best Life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home